Friday, October 1, 2010

For reals!!!!

Great WOD today. Tons of fun. For reals!

Started with 2 cleans on the minute for 10 minutes.
70#'s to start. Did 6 of these, found them to be too light.
Moved up to 75#'s for the last 14. Wanted to go to 80#'s, but the 2.5 lb plates were gone so....

I remember Alex teaching me these last year at this time. I spent a good hour with him at the old box with a 20# bar, convinced I'd never learn the movement. 20#'s felt heavy! Ha!

Overall, the cleans felt pretty good. I think my bottom may be coming up a bit early, but Alex said they looked fine so....I really want to get back to see Mike and Roger soon. I'm waiting for ultimate to be over....so I can see my favorite Roger soon. I made huge gains in working with them, can't wait to go back....

MetCon, Rx'ed

5 rounds

35# KBS x 10, 20 Air Squats
5:01

Decided to go balls out on this one. Felt good for 3 rounds, and then the air squats got me. Eek. The last two rounds of air squats were done in sets of 5. Pushed as hard as I could though so I wasn't too unhappy with this. I took only really quick breaks, so even though I couldn't go unbroken, I felt good about implementing Bryce's quick break methods....

And then comes the bain of my existence. Rowing. Seriously, I may never get better at this. No matter how strong or big or tough I get. 1K row, at 5:10. Just can't seem to make any gains here. I have watched rowing videos, tried to fix my form...I just can't see to make it work. Oh well, keep working I guess.

So many things to work on, so little time....Ha!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the row thing. I think I just need a ton more practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Et tu Rudy???? No way!
    I will forever have the image of the judges at sectionals blown away by your rowing technique in my mind! They were amazed!

    ReplyDelete