Wednesday, October 27, 2010

On call

Man, took my 1st in house call over here at Christ hospital after 2 months of home call. It was painful. On top of it, I had an unreliable intern who doubled my work! Eek! Managed to get 3 hrs of uninterrupted sleep though.

Had a break in the day so I went out and bought a foam roller yesterday and used it while on call. Have also been playing with the glut isolation exercises and the IT band mobility stuff from the mobility blog website, see link to the side. My leg feels a bit better, although still tight. I am no longer limping, and going up and downstairs isn't bad, just tight. I probably still need a day or two of non leg workouts to ensure my IT band gets less inflamed.

Yesterday's nutrition:

6:15am 6 oz coffee with 6oz skim milk
8:15am 2 hard fried eggs, 4 pieces turkey bacon, 16 oz water , 3600 mg fish oil
10am: Handful of almonds, dried blueberry and cranberry mix
12:30pm: Grilled chicken breast, 8oz raw brocolli and cucumber, 2400 mg fish oil
2pm: 8oz chocolate muscle milk
4pm: More almonds/cranberries/blueberries, 12 oz water
6:30pm: Grilled chicken salad with a touch of ranch dressing, 6oz diet coke for caffeine, 2000 mg fish oil

Off to get some sleep and hopefully a 7pm upper body wod.

1 comment: