Monday, October 11, 2010

Better. Stronger. Faster. More....

That's what I learned from this weekend. I (and we) need to be better, faster, stronger...and want it more. That means exercise, nutrition, and most of all, heart.

This weekend was a bit disappointing for us, but I will say that I was super lucky to play ultimate with this group of women. For the first time, I played with people that made be better, in a positive, healthy way. They cared, they brought me up, and most of all, they always had faith in my abilities. Thank you Spicy Tuna ladies, for showing me how to be an athlete, a team mate, a friend, and enjoy ultimate again.

Weekend Recap:
Saturday was good for us. Lots of big plays by everyone. Lots of heart. We beat Dish (the team that we lost to at sectionals) pretty easily. I caught a score over a girl who was at least 8 feet tall. Ok maybe 6 ft tall, but same difference. We had many brilliant moments, especially after being inspired by Jay-Z.

Sunday the wheels fell off. After playing closely with POP for the first few points, our inability to execute got us and this lasted the day. We just had too many turn overs. Throw aways, drops, you name it. I personally had the jitters the first game, which I seemed to work out by the second one. By the last game against Dish, we just weren't functioning as a unit, and made stupid, silly mistakes. This simple thing cost us the Nationals bid. Arrggg...

I think the problem was mainly mental. We just need to grow and mature as players and as a team. And have faith. We must know that we can do it. No doubt this will come. I think now that the team knows what it's gonna take, we will approach the next season with focus and drive. With that, I think we'll be unbeatable.

I have never met so many talented, athletic women, and I do believe that not much is gonna hold us back in the future....Heads up ladies, we'll get there....

I personally had a great weekend. I peaked. I played well. I ran hard. I had nothing left by the last game on sunday. That lay out d is still eluding me, I'm dreaming of it still...:=) I also found out that I am the straightest person on the team....Nice...

So, here I am. After a few days off, I am back to CFC full time. I started the paleo challenge today. I'll prob hit up the box somewhere mid-late week and get back to training for crossfit stuff. I am hoping some of my teammates will drink the kool-aid as well because I believe this will be the key to mental toughness...

And off we go! Now back to getting better, stronger, and faster. Which means a good night's sleep. And a little John Stewart.

No comments:

Post a Comment