Monday, October 4, 2010

Hello ladies!

Another fun day at the box! Got to see all of my favorite girls at the 7pm class, as well as some stragglers from the 6pm. So good to see everyone! Mad props to Cathy K for completing her first REAL crossfit workout.

Started with Back Squats at 3-0-x-0 and weighted pullups.
BS:45 x 5-65-85-95-105-115-125 (just barely, according to Megan!) Nice progression. I need to work on having a bit more confidence when a really heavy weight hits my back. I need to KNOW I can get that weight up. My 1RM of a straight back squat in 130, so it was nice to do negative progressions at a close weight.

Pullups: No weight-2.5-5-7.5-10!!!! The weight belt is way too big, thanks Lindsay for helping me Macgyver a weight belt to fit!

MetCon:
10 min AMRAP

6 cleans at 55#'s
12 pullups- NO BAND
24 double unders

I did 3 rounds exactly.

Cleans felt good. I think my bottom still comes up too early, I have to watch that. I do that when the weight isn't too heavy. Probably could have gone 65#'s, these didn't feel tough at all.

Pullups feel fine. I still can not string these on the big bar. My initial kip feels great, and 20-30 singles are no problem, but I can't put any together! Maybe I need to go back to a tiny band, just to get the rhythm of kipping once again. I am able to put a few together on the smaller bar, but I need to get back to working on these at least a couple of times a week.

Double unders, well...they are still a work in progress. Was able to string 3-6 at a time, then miss a whole bunch, and then string 3-6 at a time. That's better than it used to be.

Then 100 situps. That was like a second WOD. Did these in 40-30-30. Should have pushed through the pain as an exercise instead of breaking....too bad I just thought of that now!

The good news is, I am not as sore as I was before the WOD, so that's a good day. :=)

2 comments: