Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Nerves!

Practice was good last night, I had a good practice. Ran hard. Didn't feel tired. Felt pretty good over all physically, emotionally not so much. I'm going to have to put my 11 yr old pug down this week and it's breaking my heart. I can't stop crying. I know it's best for him, but seriously, it's like watching your kid die. It's awful. I have faith he'll be ok, but damn this is hard. :=(

On to other things though,
Regionals is coming. Every time I think about it, I feel like I'm going to puke. Literally. I have some serious nerves going on. With 7 teams and 3 bids to nationals, we have a fighting shot. And if we play well, we'll kill it. If not, it will be frustrating because I know we can do it!

I think something that helps my nerves is writing down goals for the weekend, so here we go:

1.) I will sprint and give my all on EVERY point, whatever that means. I will trust my conditioning and know that I will be fine after the point is over. I will play with confidence.
2.) When I play d, if my woman beats me, she's gonna have to bleed to do it. Literally.
3.) I will catch everything and attack the disc.
4.) I will get a hand block and a lay out d.
5.) I will sell my deep cuts and create space.
6.) I will trust my teammates.
7.) I will rush the field for every score. And maybe do a dance.
8.) I will complete a huck.
9.) I will be a good teammate. I will bring my teammates up and make them better. I will remain positive and point out the good things people are doing.
10.)I will get a sideline d.
11.) I will have a beer with my team, on sunday of course. :=)
12.) I will leave it all on the field in Minnesota.

What do you all think? Did I miss anything?
What are your goals Spicy ladies???

See you in Minneapolis! Cross your fingers for good weather.

1 comment:

  1. I like your goals Anj! Sorry to hear about your pup too. Stay positive and leave it out on the turf.

    ReplyDelete