Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lungs!

Today marked my return to the box after about 1.5 wks off, because of the cold that knocked me down! Felt really good to be back.

We started with finding our 1RM of FS.
45 x 10 to warm up
56-85-95-105-115!!!!!!!

That is a 12 # PR for me! Awesome. Haven't had a big gain in some time, so that felt really good. I think it's because I've put on a little weight, mainly muscle. So psyched!

As for the MetCon, we did 5 rounds of

1 hall sprint (two wall touches)
10 hang power cleans (53#'s)
1 hall sprint (two wall touches)
10 box jumps (20 inch box)

I did this in 13:02. Not a bad showing, but my lungs were feeling it from the recent cold, subsequently the runs were SLOW. I almost started to hack like I was at sectionals, but I controlled my breathing and it took away the cough.

Not a bad night back.

Practice on tuesday was pretty good. Got there a bit late due to work so my mojo was off. I was ready to run but not to think, consequently I was less effective than I usually am. My team won the sprint relays though, so that was fun.

I'm beginning to prepare for regionals, training, visualizing, and getting pumped!
Bryce owes me dinner if we make it to Nationals...that's motivation enough. :=)

No comments:

Post a Comment