Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Get a Grip!

Mad Props to all you guys for NOT eating the sabotage almond butter toffee that Glenn and I got on Mackinac...well done!
I had a lazy day yesterday in preparation for work today. Could feel my IT band bothering me all day, and I knew it was gonna be an issue at the box. Sure enough, I felt it on the warm up run and suffered because of it! Ouch....

Strength:
Close grip tempo bench press, 3-0-x
Found my 1 RM, 70#'s! Which is a new all time BP PR for me, by 5#'s.
That was exciting.

MetCon:
5 Rounds of

10 Burpees
10 KBS at 35#'s
10 PU

11:43

Burpees were unbroken and felt efficient. The KBS were unbroken until the last round which was 5-5. Amazingly, it was the KBS that really hurt my Left knee, to the extent that I limped over to the bar after the last set of pullups. And then came the pullups. Two issues here...grip strength, and the kip. My grip was cashed after the KBS. This hurt my pullups quite a bit. And my timing is still off with my kip. I tried to go back to a band for the pullups, didn't help my kip timing. Would have done the same without it. Don't know what the issue is, but I need some pull up fixage. I think it would change my WOD's significantly! Help! (Anthony and Jonny, I'm looking at you!)

Nutrition:
8am 12oz coffee with milk
9:30am: 3 scrambled eggs, 1 piece turkey sausage, 3000mg Fish oil
11am: 1 apple, 1 handful nuts, water
4pm: 8oz curry chicken, 1/2 cucumber, 1 handful nuts
Post WOD: 1inch square of almond butter toffee
Dinner: 4oz curry chicken, salad with balsamic vinagrette, 10 oz gatorade, 3000 mg Fish oil

On call tonight, so no workout for me today. My knee still feels tight. Will work on some of the glut isolation exercises and IT band stuff from the mobility blog while on call today.

No comments:

Post a Comment