Monday, October 25, 2010

Quick Recap

So, Glenn and I went camping this weekend, and had a blast! I won't bore everyone with all the details, but suffice it to say that it is impossible to eat paleo in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Oh well, I chalked it up to a much needed rest and we went from there!

Quick recap of the workouts:

Thurs, Oct 21st

Worked on pullups. I still struggle with stringing these, but with Bryce's help and using my legs a little more, got a few more strung together. I can still do more dead hangs than kips though, so I think I'll grab Anthony or Derek or Rudy or Alison and make them help me with this. Did 8-7-7.

Ring pushups on my knees: 6-5-5

5 round Barbell Complex with 2 minute rest
5 FS-5 jerk-5BS
55-65-55-70(fail)-65 (fail)
Worked up to 70#'s, failed on the 3rd jerk, back down to 65 #'s, failed on the 4th jerk.
Need to be more aggressive with the jerk and jump under the bar better

No post wod as we had to get out of town!

Fri, Oct 22nd
Dropped into Oakland County Crossfit in Orion, MI
Nice box. Good people. Learned something about SDHP, always fun to see how other boxes do things. We started late, and there was no guided warm up. Just a bunch of stuff on the board to do on your own.

Strength: 3-3-3, SDHP. Went to 70#'s. Worked on the hip extension and 70 #'s felt easy. Ran out of time and had to get to the MetCon

WOD:
5 Rounds for time

5 DL at 125 #'s
30 air squats
5 Texas shoot throughs
13:09

Squats unbroken and fast. DL good. Finally closing in on the Rx'ed weights, slow but sure. Shoot throughs were fine, couldn't jump back into the plank position, jumping forward was easy. This exercise slowed me up considerably.

No POST wod here.

Sat Oct 23rd:
10 mile bike around Mackinac Island interspersed with some fudge eating and fried fish. Woops. Some IT band and medial knee pain kicking in from the biking. Not a cyclist, will say that.

Sun Oct 23rd
Rest day.

IT band is bothering me today, will try to make it in tonight. If it still hurts, may need to find a box jump sub.

Vacation is over. So sad. Back to Christ hospital hell, and in house call. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment