Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tight!

I started off today with getting to the box about 30 minutes early, and stretching and foam rolling my IT bands, quads, calves and hammies. My left IT band has been really, really tight. Spoke with Rudy, apparently I have a week gluteus medius, and need to do some isolating exercises...Oi ve!

So, I laid off the OHS today and worked on jumping the bar from my back into position. For whatever reason, I can't do this. Bryce tells me its because the bar drops as I go to jump it up. I'm not exactly sure. But this is something that I struggle with, which causes me to struggle with OHS in a WOD if I have to clean it from the ground. Off of a rack, last time we did OHS, I was able to do 5 at 70lbs. Off of the ground, I'd be surprised if I could get a 45# bar into position to be able to do this. I will have to work on this, but if you guys have any suggestions or want to work with me on this, please...I'll take all the help I can get!

MetCon 11:28:
500 m Row
5 Rounds of 10 kBS at 35#'s, single unders
400 m Run

The MetCon was ok. Rowing is what it is, I already knew I'd be at least 30 seconds off the pace just cause I suck at it. Rowed at a 2:15 pace, incorporating a few power 10's. KBS at 35#'s, unbroken. Should have gone to 40#'s, but that thing is too damn big and my stance gets screwy if I try to use it. So....35#'s it was. Single unders were fine for 3 rounds, the last two rounds, I kept screwing up, hence the drop in time. The run was good.

Then came skin the cat! Ha! Let's just say it's not my thing....

Nutrition:
Brkfst: 12 oz coffee with milk/1 tsp sugar, 5 pieces of turkey bacon and 2 turkey sausage patties (Glenn ate all the eggs). 1/2 avocado
Lunch: Salad with grilled chicken, lettuce, pears, dried cherries, pecans and veggies. French onion soup, 12 oz water
Snack: 12 oz water, Think Thin bar, 1/2 apple, 1/2 plum
Post WOD: Not too hungry, just 12 oz Smart Water
Dinner: Egg scrambler with spinach and onion, 1/2 avocado
Ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment