Friday, February 19, 2010

What goes up....

Must come down. In a big way. I fell flat on my face today. Not literally, but figuratively. After all that work on snatches yesterday, and coming out feeling a lot more confident, I sucked big time in the Metcon today with my snatches. I went light on purpose. 30 lbs. Specifically because I know the snatch is a serious weakness for me, and Roger told me to not push the weight just yet. My form however, sucked. Big time. All that work yesterday, and today???? A big flat F-.
Now Roger warned me this would happen. He said that today I'd suck at it. However, I didn't realize how badly. Wow. It was like everything I learned went out the window. And I didn't even feel winded during the Metcon, so the workout sucked for me. Good thing the warm up and back squats were tough. I did the entire thing unbroken with pauses only to try to think about form. ARRGGGG!

Now, I know that I need to work harder. I will. I know it's just a matter of practice. Ok. I'll do it. And yes guys, I know it'll take time. I know. In my head I know that. But for tonight, my heart is screaming! I am super pissed off and feel a bit, well...broken as far as the confidence goes. However, as my lulu lemon bag says...life is full of setbacks, it's how we react to them that matters. I know, I know. My day will come. I hope.

Oh yeah, and I strung together 10 double unders. Never did that before.

Ok:
Warm up: Jumping jacks, partner squats, jumping over people, handstands (sorry Alison for almost dropping you), and double unders.
Back Squats: 1 RM 113+10= 123. Then 58.5%, 67.5%, 76.5% of 123.
74-84-94 (10) (Only did 7 the last time I did this, so I guess a PR at that weight).

MetCon:
500 m Row
10-8-6-4-2
Power Snatch/ Thruster at 30#'s.
500 m Row.

12:40 something
Then stuck around to try to fix said snatches. By then though mentally I was defeated so didn't get much out of it.

Nutrition:
9am: Chai tea with the fam
10am: 3 hard boiled egg whites, watermelon, a handful of almonds, water
11:30: Some grapes, a handful of almonds
1:30pm: Chicken stew, zucchini, cantaloupe, grapes, water
3:30pm: Another handful of almonds and a Propel
7:30ish post WOD: A few slices of turkey, a cucumber, and since I'm making Glenn brownies, I'm gonna have one. I didn't really cheat since Sunday so....
9pm: Chocolate milk (yes I'm allowed, I'm trying to gain weight.)

See you guys next week, I'm off to Quantico, yes Quantico, for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment