Thursday, February 25, 2010

Heart...

Today I am feeling incredibly nostalgic and grateful for my crossfit experience thus far. I am so amazed by the people that I am constantly surrounded by...the support, the kindness, and in general...people I really enjoy being with. But most of all, I love the heart that I see in all of our athletes. Everyone fights. And struggles. And falls down. And then gets back up. And exhausted, gives over a sweaty hand to help someone else out. And then does it all over again. Seriously amazing. Way to go you guys.

Ok, the week in a recap.

Tuesday: Olympic lift total...A bit tired post call and not moving too quickly.

C & J: 80 lbs! (15 lb PR)
Snatch: 50lbs (5 lb PR) Although my form here still needs a lot of work, so I bet I have more in me.

I just hit my over my 3 month C & J goal in 2 months!!!! So cool.
And well, the Snatch, is gonna take some time.

Wed:

The E-diesel Chipper. Hard to describe the pain here, but did this with a 35 # KB, and a 40# bar.
30 KBS
30 push press
30 Box jump
30 OHS
30 pull ups
30 SDHP
30 cal on the Rower
30 FS

21:40

The weight was a heavy one for me. Proportionally pretty tough. But I didn't give up and made it through.

I think I can definitely get this under 20 minutes. Definitely. I just hit muscle failure a lot, and so had to stop a few times. But, I could have picked up the bar quicker after the muscles recovered. And could have pushed on the rower harder. Next time.

And afterwards swung by for my last O lift class with Jonny. Talk about heart. That guy believes in every single one of us and genuinely wants us to get better. Couldn't ask for more than that! And the class was a blast...JJ, Carlo, Chuck, Aim...good job guys! We will be forever immortalized in those pics Jonny took last night!

Nutrition has been similar to what I've been doing of late. Don't feel like posting the whole week's worth but will post tomorrow once I'm back to regular blogging.

2 comments: