Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Screw The Results!

So I don't have too much to add for training today. Worked on some of the sectionals movements, and went to Jonny's o lifting class. The jerks feel much better now, though I have some work to do. Also set up a time with Mike and Roger next week, and hopefully that can be a regular outing for me.

I did get a cool surprise though. I thought my max clean was 68 pounds. Today, I cleaned that 67 pound bar a few times and it was EASY. So like Bryce said, PR's every day. I can't wait to see what my new Clean number is. AND....that means I'm hitting my 3 month goals in about two months. Awesome...

The not awesome part is this. I am totally nervous about sectionals. I know we all are. My plan is to do 45#'s. This is gonna be a really heavy weight for me. I think the thrusters and SDHP's will be ok. These have always felt fine in WOD's at this weight. The push jerks should also be ok. But the Overhead squats are gonna be rough. Really rough. The most I've done in a WOD is 35#'s which was tough but good. And that's if I can get into position. I'm almost as nervous about getting into the OHS position as I am about doing the overhead squats! I could go lighter...but, I want to try this weight. Which means I may DNF.

But, if that's the worst that happens, so what????? Thanks Alison and Kerry, I needed to hear that! At least I'll know I went as heavy as I could have. If I fail, I'll fail valiantly and without fear.
It's about the fight. It's about showing up and doing it. No matter what weight, or what WOD. It doesn't really matter. I want to be the best athlete I can be. So, here goes nothing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment