Friday, February 19, 2010

Snatch!!!!!

I went and worked with Mike and Roger last night and walked out 2 1/2 hrs later a new woman!!! Those two are amazing. Seriously amazing. Mad props to John, Mandie and Alison for all their new PR's and just being there with me!!!! It was like the box in Buffalo Grove, super supportive and very focussed.

Roger started me off with positions and a PVC pipe. I did a lot of reps with that thing, but honestly, for the first time I understood the positions AND was able to get that hip extension. By the end of the night, 35 lbs went up effortlessly and didn't even feel heavy. Just ask those in Jonny's class how heavy that used to feel and look for me. And the best part was, when I started to get it down, Roger patted me on the chin and gave me a huge hug. The smile on his face to have helped me was amazing. That's why he does what he does. He was so happy.....as was I! Good upstanding people, I'll tell you.

After about 2 hrs working on that, we then moved to jerks. Cleans are being saved for next time. After an unfortunate chin accident with the light bar (damn did I knock my face!), we cruised up to about 50 lbs. Not a heavy weight for me, but this first time was just about form, I think. He actually didn't have too much to add, except for how to get my head out of the way during these! This was pretty awesome, esp given that about 1.5 weeks ago before Jonny's class and sectionals, I had NO idea how to do these. Remember my blog regarding the jerks in that one WOD and how it took me forever?????? Awesome.

I will be a regular once a week there. Given my crazy schedule, that means I'll give up 1 workout a week at CFC, since technique will be the most important thing given my size, this will be well worth it! Plus, I seriously love those two, how could I not go????

Can't wait to practice. And I realized that I need to continue sticking around after WOD's to work on my suck list. I took it easy last week because of sectionals....back at it!

Ok, Nutrition...

9am (can you believe it, I slept till 8:55 and hunger woke me up! ha!) Coffee
9:30am: 3 scrambled egg whites, 1/2 avocado, 1/4 lb grapes
11am: banana bread Larabar (was out of fruit)
12:30: 6 oz tuna salad, bowl of carrots
3:30pm: Another pecan pie Larabar
8:30pm ish: Indian style chicken stew that my VEGETARIAN mom made me (how awesome is she?????), Indian style zucchini, cucumbers, Couldn't help it, 1/2 of a roti.
9:30pmish: 1/3 of a mango.

Ok, see you guys tonight. Last night in our old box. Time for bigger and better things....

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Anj! It was great seeing you out there. I'm not sure if I told you yesterday, but your form on snatches and jerks looked really good. All your hard work is definitely paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alison! Wish it would've stuck a bit better....

    ReplyDelete