Saturday, September 18, 2010

Practice

It was Glenn's birthday yesterday, so I didn't make it into the box because I was buying Oberweiss for him! But, that having been said, I'll still have made it in 3x this week, plus practice today, which I'm pretty happy with for a week that I took a few rest days on purpose!

Practice today was just mediocre. It got cut short by the thunderstorms. just when I was starting to get my legs under me. That's too bad, it was gonna be good.
Here's how it went

Approx 400m warm up run
10x 25 yard sets of plyos- high knees, butt kicks, high skips, backward shuffles, karaoke, bounds, you get the idea
10 min stretch
Throwing drills
Sushi drill (lots of throwing and cutting). Specifically I worked on my low releases and really selling my deep cut for 15 yrds so I could plant, turn, and come under. Angela gave me some feedback about this, so I worked on this specifically. I sprinted hard during this.
3 pull drill. Holy crap I played on the o-line! What???? I think the Spicy Tuna girls have turned me into a d player...I don't even like offense any more! Ha!
Started to scrimmage, and then, lightning. Boo hiss...

It's funny how an almost 2 hr practice with pretty consistent activity, and a decent amount of sprinting doesn't feel like enough. Does that mean I wasn't intense enough? Crossfitters I think, would say that I didn't work hard enough. In my heart, I think that I could turn it up a notch. However, the flip side becomes burning out too quick at a practice, after all, the last hour is usually where all the sprinting counts, which we didn't get to.

Here's my pledge. I will turn it up for the 1st 2 hrs of every practice, so that by the last hour, I am spent. Like hurting, legs painful, lungs winded, SPENT. And then I will push through that last hour of pain, exceed any limits that I had previously placed on myself. And push. At least until regionals. It'll only make me better. I'll learn how to cut and throw tired, I'll learn how to get open by being smart, and I'll learn how to play d even when I don't want to.

Then, I'll rest and be ready. I want to do well at regionals. I want to kill it. I want to crush, and after Sunday at CHC, I think we have a shot. I really do. I'm dreaming of Sarasota. I will do everything I can between then and now to make that happen. And if it doesn't, I will know that I went down fighting....

No comments:

Post a Comment