Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sectionals....

So, I played at Central Plains sectionals this weekend. It was kind of a lame tourney, with Nemesis, Dish, us, and the U of I college girls. What's worse, it was cold! And windy. The kind of cold that makes you not want to catch the frisbee because it hurts like hell when the plastic hits your bare fingers. And the kind of wind that equalizes every game, doesn't matter how good you are, the wind is better with that disc....We were also down 3big cutters and 1 awesome handler. Ouch.

I was still sick. I felt ok, had decent speed and endurance. Just my lungs were burning, and I hacked my lungs out between points. That sucked. I sounded like an 80 yr old lady who had been smoking for all 80 yrs! I learned how tough I am though, that it didn't really matter. I could still perform when I needed to.

The format was pretty shitty. Really shitty, we ended up playing the same team twice. Beating them the first time, losing the second. After they played an easy game against a college team and we played a tough game against Nemesis. We had to come back and play dish. And this time, we lost. Painful. The first game meant nothing. And that is just silly. We should have just forfeited, played the 4th place team, and come back and beat Dish. What a dumb format. We are still the better team...

Maybe it'll work out for the best at Regionals...we are advancing, this tournament was for seed....

I had a pretty good weekend. First game against dish, we beat them for the first time 9-7. Of the 9 points we scored I caught 2 scores and threw one. Nice. I was fast, and played good d. My cold wasn't affecting me too much. Second game against Nemesis, I threw one of our 4 scores. I was fast and it was nice to see that I could run with those girls. No problem. I sat out the 2nd half of that game as my lungs were burning from my flu thing, and I couldn't stop coughing, even while running. I was ready for the 3rd game though, and once again caught 2 of our 8 scores. Just wasn't enough I suppose...the game was overall slow and painful, lots of turnovers, and no real heart from the Spicy Tuna team. I knew we weren't gonna do well before the game, as the focus from the team was not really very sharp. Frustrating.

I then came home and slept for 12 hrs...the tourney plus the cough did me in!

Oh well, I hope we'll peak at regionals....I am super bummed we lost to a crappy team. But I know we are way better and I'm hoping we'll show it at regionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment