Thursday, September 16, 2010

Consistency

Rudy today gently reminded me how important consistency is. I have been pulled in many different directions, with work and ultimate, and have not been as consistent with getting to the box. And I have seen my performance suffer at crossfit. I am not losing ground, but have not made as many gains as certainly I could. So, I promise to do a better job with this, and to make it in at least 3-4x a week while in season, and a whole lot more when I'm not....

Rudy also gently told me to suck it up today! It was just what I needed. My body was shredded from the tournament, and so I was looking for an excuse to ease up on myself. Thank you Rudy, for not letting me. And then I watched Donna struggle through the same WOD, and I realized that I hadn't pushed hard enough. The weight I chose was way too light. Watching her was so immensely inspiring! I have always said that crossfit is about the struggle, I haven't been struggling enough recently...So I stuck around and worked out with the team, and didn't let up. Once again, what I needed to do.

I learned a big lesson today. From Rudy and Donna. Suck it up. Struggle. I'll live and come out stronger for it. No fear. And no letting up. Thanks guys.

Press: Not feeling it at all! Arms super tired, don''t know from what. 45-53x5

The WOD
21-15-9
FS and burpees. 55#'s. Too easy. FS unbroken, burpees pretty close to unbroken...
6:10 or so

WOD #2
Partner WOD
20 Rounds total of

10 power wall balls (10#'s)
Broad jump
5 burpees
Broad jump
5 burpees
Broad jump
10 air squats

Glad I stuck around. I pushed past my limits on this one, what I should have done on the first one....
Lesson learned.

4 comments:

  1. A double wod makes up for slacking a little on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I inspired you but truth be told, I have never struggled that early in a WOD and man, it was brutal. It showed today because my quads are dead and I can barely walk!
    So glad we got to hang out today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm glad you're blogging again - it's good to hear how you're doing

    clearly, not a stranger to struggle ... nor to courage. keep it going!

    ReplyDelete