Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm behind, I know....

So, in the midst of studying for this exam (it's over today) and getting workouts in, and working, I got a bit behind. BUT....we're back at it today. I realized today that I need to get more comfortable with pain. In general. I woke up the other day feeling tired, a bit sore...I have no idea why. I felt crappy for about 1/2 the day until the nutrition kicked in and I started feeling better. And I was such a baby. Walking around like an old lady, being lazy at work, and thinking about not coming in tonight. HELLOOOOO out there?????!!! This is the good stuff. Fighting through it is the fun part. Whether it's during a WOD or in daily life. No matter how tough things get....It doesn't matter whether it's me on call being pissed off at that 3am consult because I'm so wiped or whether it's me being pissed off about another rep because it hurts. It's all the same concept. Reminding myself to man up!





Ok, nutrition example...this is about what I've been doing.



6am: 12 oz vanilla skim latte

8:45am: 2 boiled egg whites, 4 pieces of turkey bacon, a banana

11am: An apple, 500 cc's water

1pm: A few turkey slices, a salad

4:30pm: A hand full of dried fruits and nuts, 500 cc's water

7ish: Turkey meatloaf, steamed brocolli



Took wed night off b/c I needed to rest. The call plus tues workout killed me. Worked with Jonny on snatches, feeling much more confident with the movement, but the second I add even 20 #'s to it, my form struggles. Can't get that hip extension and under the bar fast enough! Arggg. Keep working.

Let's see...

Thurs:
Worked on snatch form with super light weights.
Then made up

5 rounds:
7 HSC and 7 burpees, 7:52
Used 53# which was pretty heavy for me, 75% of my 1 RM.
Struggled through it...still have to work on that hip extension and getting under the bar so I'm catching the bar 2 feet above the ground instead of 5 feet above the ground. All burpees were unbroken

Friday
Found my 1Rm FS, at 103#'s. My back squat at the CFT was 110lbs. I think either I'm not back squatting right OR have a serious quad/hamstring discrepancy with my quads being much stronger than everything else.

MetCon:
21-15-9 (OHS, burpees)

OHS at 35#, which felt a lot heavier than it sounds. I think it was the right weight, heavy but good. OHS form feels good, and always burpees are a strength. Those were unbroken.

And now I promise to be better about blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment