Monday, October 10, 2011

GRRRR!!!!

I often used to say that when getting ready for an ultimate tournament. Back when I used to play for Nemesis, I used to get myself psyched by challenging any dumb b**** to jump higher, run faster, or play harder than me. I would literally stand across the field and mentally challenge the other girl to do better. It was a sort of quiet confidence that would overtake me, and usually...little old me would rise up to the task. I played a lot on that team back in the day that we routinely made it to the quarters and semis at Nationals. But the reason I played well was that almost diva-esque cockiness....and I was scrappy as all hell. There was a big fight in this tiny dog....

I feel that I have lost a little of that confidence with Crossfit. I mean seeing the likes of EA and Erin C., can be awfully intimidating. But I will say, this lack of confidence is not helping me. It only hinders my progress...And here's how...

I missed my 105# power cleans yesterday, got only 5/9. It was a bad motor pattern. The more I missed, the more I failed, and the more I reinforced bad motor patterns. And then mentally I thought, esp when Rudy was watching "Don't do it wrong, don't do it wrong." Instead of "I KNOW how to do this. Rip it off the ground Anj. Bring it."

So, here's a new promise. I dare you to be better than me. And even if you are this time, don't worry. I'll get you next time. Whether you are a barbell, a competitor, or a doubter. I think we all need a little bit of that fire, that attitude to reach our full potential.
Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment