Tuesday, May 24, 2011

So easy to break, so hard to fix...

Amazing. How injuring something takes a split second, and healing takes so long! Saw Dr. Kali, the hand surgeon today. What a wonderful person. That guy doesn't charge me, does all my xrays for free, and really cares. I am so lucky to have him on my side.

Still need to wear the extension splint at night. Still not cleared for occupational therapy. And still can't lift, or grip heavy stuff. Probably a good few more weeks till OT, and then a slow reintroduction back into gripping. The intra-joint swelling will probably take a couple of months to subside, and there is still a small chance I will need surgery to remove the bone fragment. Cross your fingers that this does not happen!

So what does this mean??? More squats I guess! And more work for Rudy who has been wonderful in helping me come up with modifications. Sorry coach. :=)

In other news, still sick. Improving, but slowly. Seems as if it's going around. Regardless, would have gone to the gym though today to tackle the 100, but had to see the hand guy. Oh well, will make more up these next days. On the plus side, at least I'm sick and injured at the same time. :=)

The paleo + dairy challenge is going well. I have been strict since Sunday with no cheats. Prior to this, I was at a board review course, unable to really store food to eat. So, my paleo challenge started this past weekend. Let's see how this shapes up. I'm curious to see if I might heal faster.... I'll take all the help I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment