Monday, January 24, 2011

Triple Digits here I come....

Worked with Roger on saturday, and as always, am making steady gains. At my size, technique is going to always have to be spot on, and I have decided to work to get really consistent with good technique with all of my lifts. I am sick of being scared of the weight. I think with continued practice and technique modification, I won't be. Every session with Roger, I get a bit more solid. And less afraid.

First off, we worked on snatches. Only worked up to 53#'s which I did pretty consistently. This was not heavy. The pull was great, in Roger's words. I just couldn't find the lock in and the balance to get under the bar. Did it a number of times, weight felt light, but it was clear that for whatever reason, I wasn't going heaver. No worries, got some solid technique stuff in.

Then we moved on to the C&J. Made it up to 89#'s! This was a tie from my previous PR, and a weight I had failed at last week! Had no idea I did it until Roger told me! No wonder it felt heavy!

I had been working on getting under the bar instead of doing post Wod's, and that work really paid off. Have to work on not pressing out the last few cm of the jerk when it gets heavy.

And then Glenn made me do an interesting exercise. He looked up the current O lifting totals for women at my size qualifying at the USA-W open. Now these are 48kg women at the most elite levels of weightlifting. Qualifying totals were around 190#'s. My current total is 150. I may not be there yet, but turns out, I'm a lot stronger than I knew. The stuff I struggle with at Crossfit would be stuff that these little elite weightlifters would also struggle with.

Glenn's pretty amazing.

He also made me a road map of goals over the next year...which I will post if I ever get brave enough. They are big. They are personal and my own though....so I don't know about posting them just yet. We'll see. For now, it's our little secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment